[development] Cron run exceeded the time limit and was aborted.

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Wed Sep 8 16:38:40 UTC 2010

On 8 Set 2010 17h26 WEST, nan_wich at bellsouth.net wrote:

> [1 <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>] Nope, it's not
> Update. I can run cron every minute and this happens. And I don't
> think I even have Update enabled on that site.    Nancy   Injustice
> anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King,
> Jr.

I'll second Earnie's suggestion for trying Elysia Cron, you can set
the cron running time for each implementation of hook_cron().

As a more hands on approach: grep the hook_cron() implementations of the
installed modules and try disabling one by one until the problem disappears.

Are you using drush? If so you can trace the root of the problem with
relative ease.

find sites/all/modules/ -type f -regex ".*\.\(module\|inc\)" -print | xargs grep "function.*_cron"

Then just try

drush dis -y <module>

and

drush cron