[development] Cron run exceeded the time limit and was aborted.

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 16:55:20 UTC 2010

  The link in devel is just a link to the same URL as clicking it in the
status report (/admin/reports/status/run-cron).

Here's a good hacky trick I have used before to diagnose cron problems.
Go into module.inc and edit the module_invoke_all function so it looks
like this:

   foreach (module_implements($hook) as $module) {
     $function = $module .'_'. $hook;
     if ($hook=='cron'){
         echo "$module <br />";
      }

That will give you an idea of exactly which cron implementation it's
hanging up at, then you can just revert the changes in module.inc when
you are done troubleshooting.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net