[development] Development platform?

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Tue Sep 14 21:36:48 UTC 2010

I agree with John that it's nice to use vbox. Plus, I -must- use Vista
occasionally because of Quickbooks (invoicing) being on it, Ubuntu not
playing nice with my CD, skype and a few other things. At the office, I
have the luxury of using separate boxes I suppose, but not always.

So thus far (thanks all for the replies), it seems that the likely order
of  my practical options are: stop using firefox, reduce memory to vbox
and return more to vista, add memory to the laptop (it will take 1Gb
more), try a new VB with either a prepackaged Ubuntu or a completely
different flavor of linux.

Jeff