[development] Ignoring Pass by Reference

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 15 16:18:47 UTC 2010

I am coding a hook_comment, which normally specifies "&$a1" in the parameters.
It would be helpful to just add some additional stuff to that array before
calling drupal_write_record. I have no idea whether the additional data would
"upset" the comment module and I don't really need to modify the form data
anyway. Would it be reasonable to just drop the ampersand from the parameters? I
would definitely add a comment that I'm doing that.

Nancy