[development] Views relationships and a prolonged -doh- moment

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Thu Sep 16 15:19:12 UTC 2010

I think I must be having a prolonged -doh- moment.

I have 12 content types defined (D7). I have two content types that are
related on a common field. My prolonged -doh- moment is coming from my
thinking that in D6, in going to to define a relationship in Views, I
would have found fields listed in the relationship box from which to
select. I find that there are no applicable fields in the relationship
field list...none at all related to any content (entity) type (I also
find the same thing with the Sort criteria box).

I opened an issue, http://drupal.org/node/909528, describing this, but
I'm getting the feeling based on the dialog that there is something I'm
not remembering correctly, or that I'm not describing the issue clearly
after several attempts.

Jeff