[development] Node limbo

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Sun Apr 24 23:58:42 UTC 2011

Scott, that was it! I have to admit I was a little dubious. I'm setting
the value in jquery with $(myselector).val(newvalue), and thought,
"There's no jquery .default_value"  ... so that the note was referring,
of course, to the form setting. What I don't understand is (a) why the
value was in form-myfield-#post-myfield when I used #value (so
-something- knew about it) and (b) how setting the value differently on
its way to the client can make a difference when it's being reset on the
client side with .val()   The only thing I can think of is that when
#value is used it's being marked as read-only in some way, and even
though #post contains the new value, it's being reset to the original at
some point.

Thanks again,
Jeff