[development] Colored text in a form

Carl Jester cjester at peladon.com
Tue Apr 26 19:32:18 UTC 2011

I feel like I'm overlooking something simple. I'm writing a module that provides a form, I need to display some info along with the form, and sometimes I want to make a bit of that info really stand out.

$foo = $info1 . ' ' $info2 . ' ' . $info3;
$form(['foo']=array(
	'#value' => $foo,
);

Gives me:
info1 info2 info3

OK, so far so good.

Now if I set up $foo like this:
if ($info3 == $X) {
      $foo = $info1 . ' ' $info2 . '  <font color:red>' . $info3 .'</font>';
} else {
     $foo = $info1 . ' ' $info2 . ' ' . $info3
}

Then when foo == x I get:
info3
info1 info2

Info3 is indeed red, but on the previous line. I've also tried inline style with <span style:...> and gotten the same result.

I just need to make info3 stand out in certain cases. What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Carl