[development] FW: Webform Ajax - D7

Daniel F. Kudwien news at unleashedmind.com
Mon Aug 1 14:13:09 UTC 2011

Am 01.08.2011 14:56, schrieb Gerhard Killesreiter:
> Am 01.08.2011 14:52, schrieb Karl Giesing:
>>
>> If we're truly not going to answer coding questions here, then can
>> we PLEASE get a separate mailing list for module developers?
>
> That can be arranged, please open an infrastructure issue.

Traffic on this list is close to zero.  It doesn't look like developers
working on core want to use this list for actual communication, rather
for occasional one-stop announcements only.

Personally, I wouldn't mind to see questions about how to use core APIs
properly and related topics on this list...  didn't really understand
the recent repurpose to "core development only" topics.

I think we're giving newcomers an extremely hard time to figure out
where to post a development-related question.

For most other FOSS projects, the development mailing list /is/ for
development related questions that may not fit well elsewhere, or which
may pertain to more than one API or module (in which case you've no
effin' idea where the question belongs).

A separate module development list feels over-engineering to me.  It's
not like we have 500 messages per day on this list.  Karl is also right
in that pointing people to the support list doesn't really make sense.

We can still point people asking here to appropriate project queues,
forums, stackexchange, or whatnot if necessary.  E.g., in this case, the
question should rather have been filed as a support request for Webform
module.  We could clarify that in the description of the development
mailing list.

- sun