[development] Testing framework requires open_basedir to be disabled?

Leonard den Ottolander.nl drupal at den.ottolander.nl
Tue Jan 11 18:15:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

Just stumbled upon this: "The testing framework requires the PHP
open_basedir restriction to be disabled" as an error in my status page.

A note regarding security implications of removing that restriction
might be in place. The way this error is presented it is unclear that
you actually decrease the security of your system if you fix this
"error".

Why does Drupal needs this restriction to be removed for testing? Does
it really need to test if it can include /etc/passwd? With some sane
settings I suppose the testing suite could do its work without having to
open up my entire file system?

Regards,
Leonard.