[development] Subsite

Jon Antoine antoinesolutions at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 15:58:50 UTC 2011

Hi Nancy,

I have done this keeping the old website files in a separate folder and
adding that folder to the domains vhost configuration.  You can then use
mod_rewrite to check the domain and if it matches a pattern you specify, try
to serve the content from the newly added directory, otherwise let Drupal
try to serve the content.  The only gotchas I have run into is that certain
path modules have been created to only handle Drupal paths (i.e. the XML
Sitemap module).

You can also do it by placing the files in the Drupal root folder.  This is
easier but more messy to maintain.  The http server will try to locate the
file and if it finds it, serve the file.  Otherwise a 404 will occur at
which point Drupal will try to serve the path.

--
Cheers,

Antoine