[development] Upgrading Drupal

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Fri Jan 14 22:35:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

No. I know that for myself when create the new versions of a project on a new version of Drupal, esp D7 I remove all the old conversion scripts. With the changes in the DBAPI it is just too hard to convert all these and test for a situation that is rarely going to happen.

But what you could do it create a basic upgrade to d6, and then immediately convert to d7 so that most of the work will happen on d7, but you will be able get there is 1 upgrade, but it will be a couple of extra steps.

Gordon.