[development] Upgrading Drupal

Mukesh Agarwal mukesh.agarwal17 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 03:45:57 UTC 2011

As an alternate solution, if the site is not too heavy with the features,
the entire site can be re-build in Drupal 7. I know its not the "drupal" way
of doing things but in the past I've found the method to be fruitful. The 4
important concerns would be:

   1. do you understand the information architecture of the site, d5 and d7?
   this will be used in content migration
   2. is there a drupal 7 module for all existing modules? if not, do you
   know how to do it?
   3. is there any custom module? are there documents pertaining to the
   custom modules? is the code for custom module documented?
   4. is there a base theme? is the current theme a sub-theme? if  not, is
   there an upgrade path for the theme? if not, do you know how to convert the
   theme to adhere to d7?

Again, the solution works if you have build the site in d5 and is likely to
fail in case you have not.

--
Cheers,
Mukesh Agarwal