[development] D8: Merge taxonomy, book and node modules?

Athanasios Velios a.velios at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 18:03:34 UTC 2011

Hello,

Can I alert you to a recent post on the forums
(http://drupal.org/node/1035470) which I think deserves some discussion.

I wonder if indeed there is any difference between the taxonomy terms
and nodes after D7. Often developed taxonomies with descriptions and
examples are considered content themselves. I appreciate that if the two
(three) modules are merged, the idea of a "concept" versus its
"implementation"/example will disappear, therefore the relation of say a
species animal versus my pet will not exist. But arguably, since all
examples are somewhat different from one another (i.e. my pet's
characteristics make it a unique living organism), one would say that
the examples become part of the taxonomy (i.e. my pet is a
sub-sub-species). Therefore having one taxonomy can, in fact, include
all content.

Does this make sense?

Thanasis