[development] D6 Cleaning up on module uninstall

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Thu Jan 27 00:31:41 UTC 2011

Good points from you and everyone else. On a tangent to this example, I
think about the "completely uninstall" and "lose all data" messages, and
that apparently the accepted way of doing it leaves many footprints.
Sort of like when I have Windows remove an app and yet there are files
and registry entries left all over the place, though in that case I
don't think its by design. I don't know if this is also the case in D7,
but if so, it might be fodder for a Cleanup module that accepts
registration of all a module's pieces and then offers the user a choice
between a 'standard' uninstall and a truly full one.