[development] How can I refer to the shopping cart using document.getElementById if it does not have an id?

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 16:34:48 UTC 2011

I am trying to get the id for the drupal shopping cart widget so that I can
refer to it within javascript.  When I look at the shopping cart div within
firebug (see below) it only lists the class and not the id and I tried
referring to the class like it was the id but it was not recognized (i.e.
drupal_add_js('alert(document.getElementById("panel-pane pane-block
pane-uc-cart-0").value)','inline');
).

--
John J. Mitchell