[development] Drupal Answers: A Stackoverflow/StackExchange site proposal

Josh Koenig josh at getpantheon.com
Mon Jan 31 23:49:36 UTC 2011

> another area of issue to me is - another login ? or would it use SSO?
> do the drupal leadership users and dries have admin level control...?

Yes, it would be another login. No, the existing drupal leadership would not
(necessarily) have much control, although I'm sure if they wanted to they
could get some moderation capabilities.

> mostly here i just don't get what adding yet another resource (like has
> been said before) would do to help the lead devs, module + theme devs and
> just supporting drupal. if i had say -=- i'd vote against this idea

The StackOverflow model has proven to be enormously valuable for lots of
people already. A growing number of web developers use and contribute to it.
Having an active space for Drupal Q&A there would increase the potential for
people who start with a google search to get a good answer.

-j