[development] Drupal core initiatives

webchick drupal-devel at webchick.net
Tue Jun 14 02:47:56 UTC 2011

On 6/13/11 1:08 PM, Daniel F. Kudwien wrote:
> Things one could have learned in IRC (you know, yet another
> communication medium that doesn't work):
>
> - Initiative owners are supposed to post announcements in
> http://groups.drupal.org/drupal-initiatives.  You cannot subscribe to
> all posts of that group, because g.d.o technically does not allow it
> without opening the group for everyone. <sarcasm>You know, Drupal core
> initiatives are top-down decisions only, your own perspectives and
> ideas are not welcome.</sarcasm>
>
> - To remedy the subscription issue, posts of the Drupal Initiatives
> group are now syndicated on Drupal Planet.
> (http://drupal.org/node/1187060) <sarcasm>Obviously, you can't
> subscribe to comments this way, but who writes or reads comments
> anyway?</sarcasm>
You know, I just realized while I was tweaking the dashboard that
another reason people might be getting the mistaken impression that
http://groups.drupal.org/drupal-initiatives is intended to stifle
discussion (other than "invite-only" which, as mentioned, is required
for an announcement list) is because of the previous group description
that was there, which had some kind of weird language in it probably
gave this impression.

I've just edited it to mostly say what I said in my previous mail, which
is certainly what the *intent* is (a curated *invitation* for community
discussion on the most important stuff).  I think that old description
was made back when we were still kind of figuring out communication
channels and we didn't really know how we'd be using that group. Sorry
about the confusion, there.

-Angie