[development] D6 XML & 'head' - bug or unwanted feature?

Jeff Greenberg jeff at ayendesigns.com
Wed Jun 15 18:47:16 UTC 2011

I create an xml file in D6 from code that should result in:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UT-8"?>
<video>
<headline>mytext</headline>
</video>

What it results in is (I'll omit the xml tag for brevity's sake...it
comes out fine)

<video>
<headline><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=ut-8" />
mytext
</headline>
</video>

If I put tags above, say, <dummy>mytext</dummy>, I get

<video>
<dummy>mytext</dummy>
<headline><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=ut-8" />
mytext
</headline>
</video>

If I put the <meta> info in the output myself at the top, I get

<video>
<headline><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=ut-8" />
mytext
</headline>
</video>

What DOES work, in terms of getting the meta tag out of the <headline>
tag, is to put another tag before it with the word 'head' , resulting in

<video>
<headdummy><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=ut-8" />
mytext
</headdummy>
<headline>mytext</headline>