[development] Continued Services woes

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Fri Mar 4 22:30:38 UTC 2011

After hours of searching, scouring, absorbing it was determined that
there was little hope of (currently) getting past Services 2.4 and REST
returning a 404 error, so I switched to xmlrpc.

I have a simple script to hit my service from outside the site,
fine-tuned a couple dozen times based on various recommendations, to
currently be:

$url = "http://localhost/mydomain/services/xmlrpc";
$ch = curl_init();
$data = 'method=my.method&id=12345&text=hello';
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);

$response = curl_exec($ch);

with $data as a string like above, I continuously receive: faultCode
-32700    faultString  Parse error. Request not well formed.

If I change the postfields to be an
array('method'=>'my.method','id'=>12345...  I instead continuously
receive a message that xmlrpc will only handle Post transactions.

--
/I am a non sequitur. Beware, the contents were packaged where peanuts
are processed./

Ayen Designs
388 Bullsboro Drive #105 · Newnan, Georgia 30263
404-271-9734
Web:ayendesigns.com <http://ayendesigns.com/>
Blog: theAccidentalCoder.com <http://theaccidentalcoder.com/>
Drupal: j. ayen green <http://drupal.org/user/367108> (367108)
IRQ: j_ayen_green
IM (Yahoo) baalwww    (MSN) baalwww at yahoo.com
Skype: ayendesigns | Facebook: ayendesigns | Twitter: @ayendesigns

Ayen Designs is the computer services division of