[development] Huge Database Operation

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 7 01:49:25 UTC 2011

Does even Monster have a resume for 1 out of every five people in the US? I
doubt it seriously. I'm guessing that you would have to service every country in
the world to get that many, and then translation would to be your biggest
problem.

If you use CCK, I believe you can get the skillset indexed for search (at the
very least in a custom module). I don't know why Webform would be preferable
here.

A custom module could probably invoke PHP's zipping functions to zip going into
the database and unzip it coming back out.

I see this over and over: A newbie thinks their first Drupal project should be
the next Monster. I am sorry to tell you, but you won't get there. Go and focus
on some smaller projects to learn Drupal. If it has to be done now, you need to
hire a team, and that's big bucks.

Nancy

From: Larry Garfield

Assuming your number is in fact 70 million records

The degree to which you need to manage that data through Drupal rather than
just search it is also a major factor.