[development] [Drupal7] Multi-Site ecommerce, share products and content

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Mar 7 14:36:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 10:38:14 +0100
Nicola <nirvana98 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gurus,

> I'm getting started with a new challenge and I want to share with
> you doubt that I have.
> This project is ecommerce based ( Drupal 7 ecommerce module ), with
> multiple sites.
> My first doubt is how can create a master sites that can create
> products and contents for all sub-sites ?
>
> Some people told me to use feeds, other people told be about domain
> module...
> But I don't understand how can use feeds for passing all data.

I wrote an ecommerce series of module for D5 that exploited schemas
in Postgres and Drupal table prefixes. Maybe you could try a similar
approach with Drupal ecommerce module.

Cloning part of a site or having a whole "template site" is much
easier with support of schemas in the DB... but with some extra
manual work simple prefixes may do the job.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it