[development] Continued Services woes

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Mon Mar 7 20:39:51 UTC 2011

I downloaded and installed xmlrpc.inc, and looked at the example in the
node below. It wasn't evident how to handle multiple method parameters
and a type other than int on a parameter, or why the url was broken into
two parts. So I read the class docs (surprise!) and assembled the code
below. There are a couple different forms given in the docs for each
call, so I used the simpler version for a couple.

When I hit the service url from the browser, I get 'xml-rpc accepts POST
request only' as I should, the point being that it responds. When I
execute the code below, it ends up timing out with the error being KO.
Error: Connect error: A connection attempt failed because the connected
party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established
connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (10060)

<?php
   // Load the XML-RPC for PHP library from wherever you've put it
   // File path relative to the Drupal root
   require_once("./www/sites/all/libraries/xmlrpc/xmlrpc.inc");

   // Create an XMLRPC message
   $m = new xmlrpcmsg('video.transcribe',
     array(
       new xmlrpcval("12345", "int"),
       new xmlrpcval("hello world", "string")
     )
   );
   // Create a connection to the remote server
   $c = new xmlrpc_client('http://localhost/www/services/xmlrpc');
   $c->return_type = 'phpvals';
   // Send the message to the remote server and get the response
   $r = $c->send($m);

   if ($r->faultCode()) echo 'KO. Error: '.$r->faultString(); else print
'<pre>' . print_r($r->value(),1) . '</pre>';
?>