[development] Continued Services woes

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:49:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:40 PM, <jeff at ayendesigns.com> wrote:

>  Victor, two questions regarding this (for now). Where does another server
> sending the request get a session id to send?

Second line:

$anon_session = xmlrpc($server, 'system.connect');

This is then reused in the login request:

$authenticated_session = xmlrpc($server, 'user.login',
$anon_session['sessid'], $user, $password);

> And in this example, and really every one I've seen, a standard method is
> being used (node.get in this one), but I'm wondering if part of the issue is
> that I'm defining a method in my module as opposed to using one packaged
> with the services module.

That's fine. I did the same thing recently, for example uploading
performance times to a performance content type. I copied the closest
existing service module into my own module and edited it. That way, I had my
own custom service written as part of services.

For a bare-bones xmlprc example using Drupal functions without the services
module, check out my 2007 article leveraging hook_xmlrpc:

http://awebfactory.com.ar/node/234

This gets it done.

Either way, your own code can implement the logic you describe.

Victor