[development] Form Textfield numeric

William Smith william.darren at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:59:35 UTC 2011

When your form is submitted, it will pass through a validation function if
you define one.  The function name should be nameofyourform_validate($form,
&$form_state)

See http://drupal.org/node/751826 (The Drupal forms quickstart guide).

This function will be automatically called when a user submits your form.
Inside this function, you can check on the values of $form and use PHP's
is_numeric to be sure that $form_state['ci'] is a numerical value.  If it is
not (that is, if is_numeric returns FALSE), use form_set_error to invalidate
the submission and return the user to the form page with an error message.