[development] How implement global variables that vary depending on the server (i.e. production, test, demo) within Drupal?

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:40:53 UTC 2011

For java webapps within Apache Tomcat I use a web.xml file which contains
the global variables that are specific to that server so that the production
server will have one web.xml file and the test server will have a different
web.xml file.

How can I do something similar for global variables that vary depending on
the server (i.e. production, test, demo) within Drupal?

Thanks,

John