[development] Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 17 18:42:12 UTC 2011

Randy Fay wrote:
> The new http://drupal.stackexchange.com is now live, and several outstanding
> Drupal contributors are monitoring and contributing to it.
>
> It seems like we'd get better long-term use of people's time if we did
> development support over there, where it's searchable, and where repeat
> questions can be answered by an internet search instead of everybody reading
> and answering the same thing over and over.

Surely you must be dreaming to think that people who would use
stackexchange to do the searching will be more than those who search the
searchable list archives.

> And yes, I'm in favor of providing this capability on Drupal.org, as per
> http://drupal.org/node/1047632, but for now, what about taking dev support
> off this list since there's such a good alternative?

Hasn't this been discussed on this list before?  Oh, yes back in
February, here is an example of how searchable this list is
http://www.google.com/search?q=stackexchage+site%3Adrupal.org.  My
preference is and will always be an email list instead of some online
form.  That doesn't mean the online support forum isn't any more or less
good.

--
Earnie
-- http://progw.com