[development] #drupal and #drupal-contribute split (Was: Re: Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site)

Randy Fay randy at randyfay.com
Fri Mar 18 23:20:20 UTC 2011

Some things I should have said earlier:

I don't actually mind the signal to noise ratio here. It's not that bad. I
just would like it better if we had support channels that were more
organized (as the stackexchange is) so we didn't have to discuss the same
things over and over.

More importantly, I am thoroughly amazed to see people like Earl and others
continually provide high-quality (and high-authority) answers on this list.
I find that mind-boggling, and a great reason to continue it as is, if
they're willing to continue that kind of participation.

I just think we could get more bang for the buck, that's all. When
authoritative people are willing to chip in and answer crazy hard questions
from all over, there ought to be a way that 1) they don't have to answer the
same question twice and 2) their work is somehow summarized and organized
for future generations (like those who come next week).

-Randy

--
Randy Fay
Drupal Module and Site Development