[development] #drupal and #drupal-contribute split (Was: Re: Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site)

Randy Fay randy at randyfay.com
Sun Mar 20 01:34:13 UTC 2011

I agree that drupal.org becoming "facebook", where both real-time and
support interactions would be welcome and managed well would be fantastic.

And we could do that with subsites that don't need such careful supervision.

Why couldn't we let members of the community launch subsites like
support.drupal.org and make of them what they could? Or launch a chat site
specifically for support that had far more sophisticated features than IRC?

IMO this is good thinking.

-Randy

--
Randy Fay