[development] #drupal and #drupal-contribute split (Was: Re: Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site)

William Smith william.darren at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 04:55:31 UTC 2011

I dunno .. I've been around since about Drupal 4.6.  Have some modules
behind my back, but most of what I do, I do for clients and it ends there.
I used to run support on the forums, but in the end, the forums just seemed
dead.  I haven't been on IRC for a long while, though I used to hang out
there, both in #drupal and #drupal-support.  My Drupal blog is all but dead,
though I still read planet.drupal.org regularly (daily).  I never got into
the groove of the Groups thing.  Not even sure where to look and it doesn't
just 'come to me' the way that mailing lists do.

I'm on all the mailing lists, and I read - everything - even if I don't
always reply.  I try to hit support questions, as I can.  I don't handle
support on the forums anymore, as I find the forums relatively barren and
uninteresting and just don't visit.   I'd certainly hate for them to go
away, although they certainly have changed shape and scope over the years.
As has all of the communication venues.

Lists put something in my inbox.  When I have the time, I read them.  I like
that.  Topics that I might not have sought out just magically come to me.

The development list is *nothing* like it used to be.  But it is still
something.  I'd hate for it to go away.  How else am I expected to know what
you a**holes are on about? ;)