[development] #drupal and #drupal-contribute split (Was: Re: Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site)

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Sun Mar 20 16:37:30 UTC 2011

Just to point out, we don't need "mini modules" to accomplish this. Drupal.org, being a Drupal site, runs "real" modules. And by virtue of being on this list, we all know how to code them already. We also have a customizable dashboard in everyone's profile that reads in Drupal blocks, which is just implementing a hook in said modules.

So if you want to add functionality to Drupal.org's user profiles, submit patches against http://drupal.org/project/drupalorg (most likely new modules under the "blocks_and_nodes" sub-directory there as a place to start). There's an installation profile at http://drupal.org/project/drupalorg_testing that gets you up and running with the set of modules that drupal.org runs and some basic data.