[development] trouble destructing xml

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Fri Mar 25 01:09:18 UTC 2011

When all else fails, and #xml, ##php and #drupal-support come up
empty...ask the folks who actually code :)

I have an xml structure that has

<this>
<that parm1="a" parm2="b" parm3="c">red</that>
<that parm1="e" parm2="f" parm3="d">blue</that>
</this>

I've tried simplexml and a few third-party scripts, one that loads the
xml into an associative array rather than an object, and nothing lets me
get at 'red' or 'blue'.  When I use dsm() on the results, for example,
in the case of the object with simplexml I get only one 'that' and do
not get its contents. When I use the script that creates the array, I
get both that's, and all their parms as elements, but not the colors.

I'm curious what else people are using.

Jeff
--
/I am a non sequitur. Beware, the contents were packaged where peanuts
are processed./

Ayen Designs
388 Bullsboro Drive #105 · Newnan, Georgia 30263
404-271-9734
Web:ayendesigns.com <http://ayendesigns.com/>
Blog: theAccidentalCoder.com <http://theaccidentalcoder.com/>
Drupal: j. ayen green <http://drupal.org/user/367108> (367108)
IRQ: j_ayen_green
IM (Yahoo) baalwww    (MSN) baalwww at yahoo.com
Skype: ayendesigns | Facebook: ayendesigns | Twitter: @ayendesigns

Ayen Designs is the computer services division of