[development] problem with theme form drupal_render

Carl Wiedemann carl.wiedemann at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 03:13:17 UTC 2011

> Instead of "print $messages", please try "drupal_set_message($message)"

This should NOT be used in the theme layer. The $messages variable is
already set for the current request and will not be rendered until the
following request.

If you don't see $messages in your template, it's likely that the variable
simply doesn't exist. Use a preprocess function to determine what variables
are available. See http://drupal.org/node/223430