[development] how to use an argument to get a row to appear first in a View

Idan Arbel idan at arbel-designs.com
Mon Mar 28 15:03:57 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have a views slideshow, and in some cases I'd like a certain node to
appear first in the order, I don't really care about the rest of the nodes
just to move a certain node to be first in the slideshow.

I'm looking to achieve this using an argument, maybe sending in the nid, or
even better a certain value for another field.

This is the use case -

I have a slideshow of a certain product, where each row/node is a different
color.

I have a page with a bunch of these slideshows for different nodes.

I'm looking for a way to have list page, display all the slideshows where
the "Green" color nodes appear first, this is for a D7 site with drupal
commerce - you can see it here:

http://www.premiumbaby.co.il/koziol/drupal-7.0/%D7%9E%D7%95%D7%A6%D7%A8%D7%9
9%D7%9D

Any pointers would be much appreciated.