[development] Drupal 7 - views

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Mon May 2 04:41:03 UTC 2011

On 5/1/2011 1:36 PM, Iain William Wiseman wrote:
> On 2/05/2011 2:23 a.m., Earl Miles wrote:
>> On 5/1/2011 4:56 AM, Iain william Wiseman wrote:
>>> I will google this. I am very new. Never read docs but learn by example
>>> - bad I know.
>> In an open source community where you're leaning on volunteers for help,
>> this is an incredibly disrespectful way to get started in the people who
>> work in the community.
> Thank you for your useful contibution and your openess to other ways of
> learning.

You clearly misunderstand my remarks.

There are people who are happy to be helpful, and ignoring the argument
of whether or not this question was appropriate here or not, a question
that is posed before one even looks at the documentation is
disrespectful to the people who you expect to put time into your answer.

Questions like "I read the docs but I don't understand," are going to be
met with much more openness than "I don't read docs, just give me the
answer."

We work very hard at what we do, all of us. Perhaps you have "other ways
of learning" but "I don't read docs" is the same as saying "Screw you,
just tell me how to do it." Someone put a whole lot of time into those
docs in hopes of avoiding having to ask questions.

And if you'd rather have examples, a LOT of modules out there integrate
with Views. There are lots of examples. It is incumbent upon you to seek
them out.