[development] Time interval inputs

Steven Jones steven.jones at computerminds.co.uk
Thu May 12 06:32:02 UTC 2011

Hello developers,

I maintain a number of modules that are related to doing something at
a user defined interval, e.g. every 30 minutes or 12 hours etc. Most
times I just use a single select box and pre-generate some options
that I think users will want, but of course some users (myself
included) want to be able choose an exact, but custom, interval.

Is there any module out there that provides a generic 'interval' form element?

I've looked at core, and it just uses some custom code each time to
generate a list of intervals and pop them in a select list. I've also
looked at other contrib modules and some of them just provide a
textfield and others provide a textfield for numeric input and a
select list for 'units'. There doesn't seem to be a catch-all solution
that I can find, and everyone seems to implementing intervals in a
slightly different way.

Regards
Steven Jones
ComputerMinds ltd - Perfect Drupal Websites

Phone : 024 7666 7277
Mobile : 07702 131 576
Twitter : darthsteven
http://www.computerminds.co.uk