[development] Developers needed!

Michael Favia michael.favia at gmail.com
Thu May 12 22:04:01 UTC 2011

On 05/12/11 16:44, Adam Gregory wrote:
> Because there has been so much chatter on the list lately anyways.
> [sarcasm]I know I'm so sick of hearing about all the jobs being posted
> here EVERYDAY.[/sarcasm]
I wasn't trying to be an ass but you have a valid point about the volume
of this list recently (not the content though which would be 90% job
postings if people werent redirected.).

Contributors have stopped using this list because it was misused for
support requests and other off subject issues like job postings. Real
work couldnt be done effectively on it. As a result most core
contributors just hang out in IRC, and the issue queue and skype each
other directly. Maybe these are better tools more suited to the job or
maybe they are just easier because you dont have to deal with the
unwashed masses.

While i *totally understand* the reasons the conversation has moved I
think it comes at a price as well because it raises the barrier to entry
for the newcomer and decreases the transparency of our communities
decisions and the direction of the platform at large. Up into the silos
drupal goes.

I try to help here anytime someone asks a on-topic question and redirect
them to a useful resources when they dont.

Michael Favia                   michael at favish.com
tel. 512.669.5650            http://www.favish.com