[development] uid in node_revisions table different than in node table

Kyle Mathews mathews.kyle at gmail.com
Sat May 14 04:53:49 UTC 2011

I got a bug report recently <http://drupal.org/node/1109912> for my module
OG Mailinglist in which the person was having trouble with a View he'd
created because the users were showing up as anonymous even though it was
authenticated users who'd created the nodes.

After some investigation, it turned out the problem was that the uid stored
in the node_revisions table was 0 despite the correct uid being stored in
the node table.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this problem? I'm flummoxed.
For what it's worth, the module saves nodes using node_save which I remember
hearing isn't the most foolproof way of saving a node.

--
Kyle Mathews

Blog: kyle.mathews2000.com/blog
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kylemathews