[development] Rules Data Selection Token works, but doesn't in direct input

Idan Arbel idan at arbel-designs.com
Thu Nov 10 22:26:08 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm using rules to send a mail.

I've found the data I want to use in the body and TO emails, using the Data
Selectors.

But when I try to use with the input box set the Direct Input (for multi
line in the message Body) the tokens don't seem to work.

This is my token:

design:field-image1:file:url

if the field is set to Data selection, it works and I get the value via
email.

If the field is set to direct input I get the token text in the email.

Tried:

design:field-image1:file:url

and

[design:field-image1:file:url]

Am I doing something wrong?

The help text implies that they should be interchangeable:

The data selector helps you drill down into the data available to Rules. To
make entity fields appear in the data selector, you may have to use the
condition 'entity has field' (or 'content is of type'). More useful tips
about data selection is available in  <http://drupal.org/node/1300042> the
online documentation.

Thanks

Idan