[development] Drupal 7 CCK fields in separate tables - why?

Mukesh Agarwal mukesh.agarwal17 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 06:18:30 UTC 2011

Hi Mike,

the real benefit is that there is no longer
> any fancy logic around determining what table a field will be stored in

Removing the small piece of fancy logic does not really cover up for the
overhead multiple tables create.

Your first point should have been to just install Entity cache
> <http://drupal.org/project/entitycache> and be careful how you load
> entities.

Entity cache does not help me in case of logged in users. The application
I'm developing now is an enterprise app. IMO, caching also does not cover up
for multiple tables overhead. I'm sorry if I've misunderstood the workflow
of entity cache module but from what it seems, this is just a caching
technique for entities.

--
Cheers,
Mukesh Agarwal