[development] Drupal 7 CCK fields in separate tables - why?

Mukesh Agarwal mukesh.agarwal17 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 03:41:38 UTC 2011

Thank you Ernst for your advice. I'm right now doing a study of how my
information architecture looks without any framework (assuming i'm building
a custom system) and how it would look with Drupal. I think I'll get a good
understanding of the pros and cons and should then be able to decide.

As far as enterprise application is concerned, Drupal is an awesome fit for
this application and I would have done it right had it been Drupal 6. I
still need to understand the implications of breaking fields into separate
tables coz I think this will be a hindrance for developers to maintain with
changing data.

Guys, if you think you like the separate tables model, please mention the
PROs for the same and I'll post the same on d.o. forums as I think more
developers like me would be interested in weighing this model.

--
Cheers,
Mukesh Agarwal