[development] Is it possible to upload FILE without a form ?

Austin Einter austin.einter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 01:02:08 UTC 2012

Dear All
I am struggling to upload word documents to our drupal 7 site without
having a form.

It is easy when you have a form (just can use  file_save_upload api), but
think of a situation you have excel sheet at server, where 100 file names
are mentioned, and you want to get the files one by one.

In that case, how do we upload a file, and after upload how do I get the
FID.

Is it really possible with existing framework?

Best regards
austin