[development] Is it possible to upload FILE without a form ?

Kevin Reynen kreynen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 04:17:13 UTC 2012

http://drupal.org/project/jupload uses the same java library as jifupload,
but doesn't require a field or form and can hand the uploaded file off to
another script for additional processing.

- Kevin Reynen

On Thursday, December 6, 2012, Don <donald at fane.com> wrote:

> there are some upload modules with a java front end. you need a server
side module to receive and save it. they might work or you might be able to
adapt them.
> http://drupal.org/project/jifupload
>
> -Don-
>
> On 12/6/2012 8:02 PM, Austin Einter wrote:
>
> Dear All
> I am struggling to upload word documents to our drupal 7 site without
having a form.

> It is easy when you have a form (just can use  file_save_upload api), but
think of a situation you have excel sheet at server, where 100 file names
are mentioned, and you want to get the files one by one.

> In that case, how do we upload a file, and after upload how do I get the
FID.