[development] Was, write a simple field type for CCK, now module development

Joel Farris joel at transparatech.com
Wed Feb 29 21:50:53 UTC 2012

OMG, we're all a bunch of pedantic buffoons! We've got a mailing list called "development at drupal.org". It gets one email a week. And someone asks a question about how to properly do drupal CCK development, and we send them to another mailing list whilst arguing about whether this list should be re-tasked?

Seems to me we're killing ourselves here, unneccessarily. Look, development is development. CCK is mostly in core anyway, so where does a questions like that belong? In the contrib-development mailing list or the core-development mailing list? ;)

Carry on, mate.
--
Joel Farris
Transparatech, Inc