[development] Remove Meta Tag Generator

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Sun Mar 11 21:18:04 UTC 2012

On 5 Mar 2012 11h03 CET, fairsayan at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Richard, already exists and I'm using it:
> http://drupal.org/project/remove_generator You got my point: I'd
> like to have something in the core without having to install
> workarounds Thanks, Domenico

Better yet without any module. Do it at the server level. Here's for
nginx, both when proxying to FCGI or Apache:

fastcgi_hide_header X-Generator; # see [1]

or

proxy_hide_header X-Generator; # see [2]

Probably you can do the same with any other server. It's faster and
simpler to mantain than using a contrib module.

And while you are at it hide also the X-Drupal-Cache header.

--- appa

[1] http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_fastcgi_module.html#fastcgi_hide_header
[2] http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_proxy_module.html#proxy_hide_header