[development] Node reference in core?

Karen Stevenson karen at elderweb.com
Tue Mar 13 13:22:03 UTC 2012

One way to solve this in D7 is to use either a combination of Node
Reference and Node Reference URL or Entity Reference and Entity Reference
Prepopulate. Node Reference URL and Entity Reference Prepopulate are
alternative widgets for those fields that let you set a value in the url.
They also create an 'Add new ...' link on the referring entity that will go
to the url to add a new node, set the value by reference to the source
node, and then return you to the place you started.

That won't make it possible to create multiple tracks at once, but it does
let you create the album first, then click on an 'Add new track' link on
the album to add tracks to it. The technique for doing this in D6 is
described in http://www.lullabot.com/articles/photo-galleries-views-attachand
used by
http://drupal.org/project/views_gallery. The same technique works in D7
using either of the above combinations.