[development] Ubercart taxes cont'd.

Dayton Perkins goodnewsdayton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:30:36 UTC 2012

Try this again just in case...

I have a few line item scripts that all happen on the checkout page. The
one that is giving trouble is a coupon line item.

  * All line items are being saved to the database, as  should be with
    hook-order.
  * All line items display, as they should but the tax is incorrect.
  * In admin/store/settings/taxes/1/edit I have a tax set up with a
    couple of rules.
      o These should have no bearing: one being the state for the tax
        and another being a user role (wholesalers are not taxed) .
      o Tax is applied to the Coupon line item on this page, as well as
        to the products.
      o I also set the Coupon line item type as taxable.

It is correct on the checkout page(it is written in real time with
line_item_add JS...

However, when I output the order to screen in the uc_tax module... my
line items aren't in the order yet.
I am using hook order with the $op of "save".

So I tried playing with line item weights: to try to get the total line
item after my coupon.
If I use the following, it throws a fatal error on the review page load.
static $lines;
$lines = module_invoke_all('line_item', NULL); // this produces the
names in the next array to which I added weights...
Actually re-ordered them. I think "total" was 2nd or 3rd.
$l_item_ids = array(
     'subtotal' => 0,
     'generic' =>1,
     'coupon' => 2,
     'free_offer' => 3,
     'shipping' => 4,
     'handling' => 5,
     'total' => 6
);
foreach( $lines as $i => $line ){
     foreach($l_item_ids as $id => $weight){
         if( $id === $line['id'] ){
             $lines[$i]['weight'] = $weight;
             // uc_li_tax_subtotal_weight
             // variable_set('uc_line_items_'. $lines[$i]['id']
.'_weight', $weight);
         }
     }
}

So nothing is working and I have no idea where to turn.
Seems like line item weights would be taken into consideration. Hints
anyone?

--

/Kindest regards,/ 	/*Dayton Perkins*/ 	Dayton Perkins

Good News Design

Intelligent Web Programming for Business
Dayton Perkins: Recent American Expat in Hong Kong

dayton at goodnewsdesign.com <mailto:dayton at goodnewsdesign.com>
dayton at goodnewsdesign.com <mailto:dayton at goodnewsdesign.com>
Phone Me 	U.S Phone (rings me in HK) 616-795-9039

http://goodnewsdesign.com
GND Logo <http://goodnewsdesign.com><http://goodnewsdesign.com>