[development] Process in code when experiencing an install error in a custom module

Jeff Greenberg listmail.ayendesigns at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:59:02 UTC 2012

Right. One example is simply losing the database connection in the middle
of the process. Basically, for whatever cause the installation is unable to
finish, I am typically then left in a position where I cannot uninstall the
module and cannot reinstall it because of spurious db entries. And since
Drupal doesn't really care which type of db tables are being created (and
at some point, which type of db), depending on db transactions and rollback
is not viable.