[development] Learning More on Apache Solr Attachments

Cindy-Sue Causey butterflybytes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 15:30:45 UTC 2012

On 10/17/12, Austin Einter <austin.einter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks whole list is silent in this regard (apache solr file attachment).
> If you can share whatever idea you have on below queries, it will help me
> to great extent.
>
> Thanks
> Austin
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 6:22 AM, Austin Einter
> <austin.einter at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Dear All
>> I want to learn more on apache solr file attachments.
>> My aim is to modify / add code in a way, that will suit my requirements.

Hi, Austin.. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the overall situation but it
looks like you're possibly asking implementation questions about an
Apache software product on Drupal mailing lists. A QUICK check of my
inbox coincidentally had the latest Apache announcement on this very
product, Solr, complete with a link that leads to to their various
related community discussion listservs:

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/discussion.html

The description about the first of the Solr lists they support seems
to appropriately fit your needs:

"Solr User List: This list is for users of Solr to ask questions,
share knowledge, and discuss issues. Do send mail to this list with
usage and configuration questions and problems. Also, please send
questions to this list to verify your problem before filing issues in
JIRA."

In Apache's description there, they expressly (openly) state to
please, yes, do send questions about usage and configuration
problems... :)

Best wishes from North Georgia.. :)

Cindy-Sue

- :: -