[development] Call time pass-by-reference for PHP 5.4

Arlin Sandbulte arlinsandbulte at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:39:49 UTC 2012

Call time pass-by-reference has been deprecated for a while now, and PHP
before 5.4 throws a warning when it is used.
So, most code has already been updated to eliminate call time
pass-by-references.

Note:
This ONLY applies to fuction calls.
It does NOT apply to function definition.  So, pass-by-reference CAN
continue to be used in function defenitions.

Thus, the following code IS valid:
<?php
function foo(&$var){
  $var++;