[development] Fwd: E-mail attachments

Αικατερίνη Κατωπόδη biz129 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 30 07:10:23 UTC 2013

I don't know you ''Sir'' who sent you email?!!!

CC: development at drupal.org
From: gene.r.clark at gmail.com
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 21:38:58 -0500
To: development at drupal.org
Subject: Re: [development] Fwd: E-mail attachments

Shut up I'm sick of your stupid emails!!!!

On Dec 29, 2013, at 6:47 PM, Rob Thorne <rob at torenware.com> wrote:

I don't see anything obviously wrong in your sample, but after comparing your implementation with mine from a recent project, I see a couple of differences:

1. You mention using the mimemail module, but are you also using the mailsystem module?  The simplest explanation would be that mimemail is not getting invoked at all.
2. If I recall correctly, some fields you can set in the "message" array upstream can get unset before hook_mail is called for you.  So you may need to put these items into your "params" array and hammer them in as part of your hook_mail implementation.  My code looks like this:

Sending the mail:

  $mail_params = array(
    'subject' => $settings['subject'],
    'message' => $settings['message'],
    'headers' => array(
      'Content-Type' => 'text/html; charset=UTF-8'
    ),
    'attachments' => $attachments,
    'voter' => $credit_app,
  );
  $mail_params['plain'] = FALSE;
  $mail_params['plaintext'] = $mail_params['message'];
  if (!empty($settings['bcc'])) {
    $mail_params['headers']['Bcc'] = $settings['bcc'];
  }

  $message = drupal_mail('mymodule', 'send-test', $address, $language, $mail_params, $from);

In my hook_mail implementation:

  switch ($key) {
    case 'send-test':
      $message['subject'] = $params['subject'];
      $message['body'][] = $params['message'];
      $message['headers'] = array_merge($message['headers'], $params['headers']);
      break;
  }

Note also that I'm setting some parameters that you are not setting ('plain', 'plaintext');  I believe I added those after debugging the problem you're having here.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Rob Thorne
Torenware Networks